About Central Procurement Board
To be the Model for Efficient and Effective Public Procurement in Mauritius.
To ensure Value for Money in Public Procurement and Timely Acquisition through a Fair and Transparent Process
Aims and Objectives
- To promote economy, efficiency, effectiveness, transparency, fairness and accountability by government ministries and public bodies and prevent any corrupt practice in public procurement and thus achieve best value for money in terms of price, quality and delivery having regard to set specifications.
- To inculcate a code of ethics among procurement professionals and the business community.
- To promote modern concepts and technology in the procurement process.
- To provide assistance to the public sector through training and other interactions in the field of procurement.
- To organise workshops, seminars and conferences on public procurement topics and issues.
- To collaborate with local and foreign organizations with similar objectives.
- To harmonise the public procurement system with international procedures and best industry practices.
- Ethical Practices
- Respect of People
- Ministries/Departments, Local Authorities, Parastatal Bodies and other Public Bodies.
- Bidders/Contractors/Suppliers/Consultants - Local and International.
- The Financing Institutions.