The Board shall, in respect of major contracts:
- Establish appropriate internal procedures for the operations of the Board and ensure the compliance with them;
- Vet bidding documents and notices submitted to it by public bodies;
- Receive and publicly open bids;
- Select persons from a list of qualified and independent evaluators maintained by it to act as members of a bid evaluation committee and oversee the examination and evaluation of bids; and
Review the recommendations of a bid evaluation committee and
- approve the award of the contract; or
- require the evaluation committee to make a fresh or further evaluation on specified grounds.
The Board shall strive to achieve the highest standards of transparency and equity in the execution of its duties, taking into account:
- The evaluation criteria and methodology disclosed in the bidding documents;
- The qualification criteria and methodology disclosed in the bidding documents;
- Equality of opportunity to all bidders;
- Fairness of treatment to all parties;
- The need to obtain the best value for money in terms of price, quality and delivery, having regard to set specifications; and
- Transparency of process and decisions. The Board shall have such powers, and exercise such functions, as may be assigned to it under any other enactment.